Methodist Chapel Thorney, Peterborough

Photo:click to enlarge

click to enlarge

War Memorial

By Ann Fox

 

When Thorney Methodist Chapel closed at the end of August 2013 the War Memorial to those who gave their lives during the two World Wars was offered to the village and it was decided to re-locate it to the Bedford Hall.

The Memorial was re-dedicated on 11th November 2013 by the Rev Trevor Sands. 

 

For more information on the men listed below can be viewed here 

                              

                          To the Glory of God
and in Ever Grateful Memory of the Men from the Parish of
Thorney Who Gave Their Lives in the Great War. 1914-1919

R Batterbee           S Gall               C W Scott
W Batterbee          H E Gedney      H Scott
F Benton               J Gedney           J E Sewell
E Berridge             F R Hadnam      H Shirley
B R Brown             S Hales              E Stubbins
C E Briggs             H Johnson         C Stapleton
G E Carter             T A Lilley            A Skipp
G W Clapham        G E Lilley           H Thacker
C H Clarke             J Luesby            J A M Topham
W Cole                   F L Merchant      P Tompkins
J Cook                   G W Morris         G W Thompson
H J Craythorne       J W Oliver          S J Thompson
C Fenn                   J E Peach           W H Wood
H C Foreman         J Pipe                  C Wright
W Fenton               E Ruff                  H Wright

"More than conquerors through him that loved us" Rom 8.37.

               1939 - 1945

H H Lilley             P R Constable
L V Ryecroft         J C W Smith
C G F Jackson

This page was added by Ann Fox on 05/04/2014.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.