Honley Trinity Methodist/URC Church

War Memorials

By John Murray

Honley Trinity Methodist/URC Church was formed in 1969 from three separate non-conformist churches in Honley; High Street Methodist, Southgate Methodist and Moorbottom Congregational.

The Congregational church became the home of Trinity church.
The brass plaques come from all three of those churches. 

Honley Southgate Methodist Church

Photo:Honley Southgate Methodist Church WW1 memorial plaque

Honley Southgate Methodist Church WW1 memorial plaque

TO THE GLORY OF GOD
THIS TABLET IS DEDICATED
IN HONOURED MEMORY OF

---------------------------

Lieut JOHN TOWNSEND. B.A.

L/Cpl. FRANK SHERRATT.

Rflm. WILLIE NEWSOME

Rflm. FRED NEWSOME.

Rflm. ARCHIBALD GILL.

Sapper LUKE WHITEHEAD.

Seaman HAROLD SYKES.

Pte. JOHN HUTCHINSON.

Cpl. HARRY TAYLOR.

Pte. WILLIAM R BOOTHROYD.

----------------------------

WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES IN THE GREAT WAR
1914-1918
THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE
PRO PATRIA

Honley High Street Methodist Church  

Photo:Honley High Street Methodist Church WW2 memorial plaque

Honley High Street Methodist Church WW2 memorial plaque

TO THE GLORY OF GOD
AND IN SACRED MEMORY OF
THE MEN OF THIS CHURCH WHO
GAVE THEIR LIVES
IN THE WAR OF 1939-1945

-----------------------------

PTE. ALLEN BROADBENT

GDS / MN. WILLIAM HEEL

SGT. NORMAN JACKSON 

Honley Congregational Church        

Photo:Honley Congregational Church WW1 memorial plaque

Honley Congregational Church WW1 memorial plaque

To
The Glory of God
And in proud and loving memory of
the men connected with this Church who
laid down their lives in the Great War

1914-1919

ROY STOCKS. HAROLD MESSENGER.

HORACE WAITE. ERIC T SYKES.

ALBERT VICTOR ROBINSON.

“These overcame….. because they loved not their lives unto death” 

----------------------------

Photo:Individual memorial plaque from Honley Congregational Church

Individual memorial plaque from Honley Congregational Church

TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN MEMORY OF
RIFLEMAN HORACE WAITE

A MEMBER OF THIS CHURCH

AND CO-SECRETARY OF THE SUNDAY SCHOOL.
KILLED IN ACTION SEPT. 15TH 1916

“A GOOD SOLDIER OF JESUS CHRIST”

--------------------------- 

Photo:The Congregational Church (as it was then) became a WW1 hospital

The Congregational Church (as it was then) became a WW1 hospital

The Congregational Church (as it was then) became a WW1 hospital.

HONLEY
AUXILIARY HOSPITAL
OPENED Nov.1st 1916
CLOSED Dec. 31st 1918

This page was added by John Murray on 25/02/2014.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.