Millom, Welsh Methodist Chapel, Cumberland

Grid ref 174798

By GW Oxley

Situated at the junction of St Georges Road and Mainsgate Road this building was described on the 1900 OS map as a temperance hall. By 1920 it was described as “Meth Chapel”. According to the staff at the Millom Museum it was used as a place of worship by Welsh mineworkers. It is now used as a pensioners club.

Site visit, 23.7.2016

Photo:Millom, Welsh Methodist Chapel

Millom, Welsh Methodist Chapel

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 07/12/2016.
Comments about this page

In 1901 this congregation styled themselves as Welsh Calvinistic Methodists (Bulmer's Directory)

By GW Oxley
On 31/07/2017